The Lower School is committed to helping families in financial need with traditional tuition assistance.
The Lower School is also excited to participate in the JEC’s revolutionary Tuition Max program that caps total tuition payments for qualified families at a percentage of their AGI, making tuition far more affordable and removing the guesswork from the Financial Aid Process.
Families moving into the area may also be eligible to receive a one-time $1,800 New Home Credit towards their tuition.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCESS
- Please go to the FACTS website to complete the online Financial Aid forms.
- Please be sure to complete the entire form, responding to all questions and including all requested and supporting documentation.
- Supporting documentation include:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all tax schedules.
- Copies of W-2 forms for both parents.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers Compensation and TANF.
- Supporting documentation can be uploaded and sent in PDF format online.
- Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all correspondence.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-315-9262 weekdays from 8:30 am – 7:00 pm.
This innovative program ensures that total tuition will never exceed a reasonable percentage of family income. With a respectful and simple enrollment process, total tuition, regardless of how many children are enrolled, will be capped at a percentage of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), as determined by line 11 of your IRS tax return.
How to apply:
• Please visit our website at TheJEC.org/TuitionMAX to see more infomation about Tuition Max. The application can be found on the FACTS website.
• If you have a child/children enrolled in another Jewish school (K-12), a $5,000 credit will be applied per child to your AGI. For example, if your AGI is $180,000 and you have two children in a Jewish day school other than the JEC, your eligibility for program benefits will be evaluated as if your AGI were $170,000!
1. A family net worth over $1 million (net worth includes home equity and retirement accounts).
2. Filing of Schedules C and E as part of your federal tax return.
3. Reduction of a JEC family’s total year’s tuition by more than $5,000.
4. Non-dual income families where there are no children kindergarten-age or younger.