Learn Torah, Love Torah, Live Torah
At JEC, We…
believe in the whole child
in a place that is safe, respectful and collaborative
where we strive towards excellence
with a commitment to learning and Yiddishkeit
and a deep dedication to Israel and Am Yisrael
Mission of School
The Jewish Educational Center educates students to be Torah Jews in today’s world. Students are imbued with Torah knowledge and dedication to the observance of its commandments, responsibility to the Jewish people, Israel and society at large, and educated to embrace the primacy of Torah and pursue excellence in all facets of life.
JEC Lower School Mission Statement
At JEC, we learn Torah, love Torah, and live Torah. We believe in our children and their infinite ability to learn and grow. We prepare our children to excel in the world around them, academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually, as Bnei and Bnot Torah. Every day is an opportunity to work towards deeper learning in all subjects and to foster a love of Israel and a devotion to Am Yisrael. In our school, we believe that working together creates strength and fosters mutual respect. Our parents are our partners in this Avodas Kodesh.
Our Belief Statements:
- We believe that every child has the potential to learn and grow.
- We believe that children require a socially, emotionally, academically and spiritually safe environment to learn and grow.
- We believe that we must look at the whole child in supporting their learning and growth.
- We believe that respect must be taught, modeled and expected.
- We believe that working together in partnership will foster success.
- We believe that students are active participants in their learning.
- We believe that parents are our partners.
- We believe that relationships are at the core of student learning.
- We believe that academic excellence is achieved through engaging lessons and connecting to students.
- We believe that having a commitment to learning and Yiddishkeit will yield future bnei Torah.
- We believe that Israel is our home and that we are connected with all of Am Yisrael.